Youth of the Diocese of Easton participate in a number of activities throughout the year. Check this page to see what the youth members are doing. This page is also a guide for people who may work with the youth, with training events and online resources. Click below to see all that the page has to offer.
Diocese of Easton Announces New Youth Missioner
The diocese is happy to announce that, beginning January 2, our new Youth Missioner will be Joanne Fisher. Joanne is an active communicant in our diocese. She served as full-time Youth Minister at Christ Church, Easton for ten years and has extensive experience in leading mission trips, leadership training for youth ministry and Christian education, and youth retreats and conferences. She writes, “I am extremely passionate about sharing the love of Christ with young people and about the opportunity to inspire, embolden, and equip others to reach more youth and young families within our Diocese.”
This new position includes working at Camp Wright during summer camp season coordinating the Serendipity Program.
We are grateful for the hard and prayerful work of the Youth Missioner search committee, and look forward to Joanne’s gifted ministry among and for us all in the diocesan community.
For the Care of Children:
Almighty God, heavenly Father, you have blessed us with the joy and care of children: Give us calm strength and patient wisdom as we bring them up, that we may teach them to love whatever is just and true and good, following the example of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen. (Book of Common Prayer 829)
- The Diocese of Easton takes the subject of safe church practices very seriously. The policies developed by the Church Pension Group clearly set out the expectations for child/youth ministry in this diocese. All clergy and laity involved with child/youth ministry are expected to comply with these guidelines. Click on the link below to download the polices developed by the Church Pension Group:
- Province III Youth Ministry Network created Social Media: Social Church, guidelines for safe and responsible use of social media in youth ministry. To read the guidelines, please click here.
Child/Youth Christian Formation Resources:
Below is a link to a YouTube video prepared by Center for the Ministry of Teaching (CMT) at Virginia Theological Seminary (VTS) discussing/ introducing the many resources available at CMT and online for those involved in Christian Formation.
- High School PYE dates are set for February 27 – March 1 at North Bay Adventure in North East, MD for $162 per person.
For information on these and other youth events please contact your convocational youth missioner. They are:
- Northern Convocation – Janice Flood - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle Convocation – Kim Willard – Orange@christchurchki.org
- Southern Convocation – Barbara Anne Fisher- email@example.com
Past events include day camps, a rock concert at VTS, and a mission trip to DC.