Youth of the Diocese of Easton participate in a number of activities throughout the year. Check this page to see what the youth members are doing. This page is also a guide for people who may work with the youth, with training events and online resources. Click below to see all that the page has to offer.
Diocese of Easton is Hiring a Youth Minister
The Youth Missioner’s function is to help the diocese, parishes, and the diocesan camp (Camp Wright) create, develop and support effective youth ministries – engaging youth from k through college age in the gospel of Christ. This position’s time will be allocated 2/3 to the diocesan youth mission program and 1/3 as a camp programming supervisor. For information about Camp Wright, please visit http://www.campwright4life.org/. Any interested party should download the full job description and reflection questionnaire below. Contact information is given at the end of the job description.
For the Care of Children:
Almighty God, heavenly Father, you have blessed us with the joy and care of children: Give us calm strength and patient wisdom as we bring them up, that we may teach them to love whatever is just and true and good, following the example of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen. (Book of Common Prayer 829)
- The Diocese of Easton takes the subject of safe church practices very seriously. The policies developed by the Church Pension Group clearly set out the expectations for child/youth ministry in this diocese. All clergy and laity involved with child/youth ministry are expected to comply with these guidelines. Click on the link below to download the polices developed by the Church Pension Group:
- Province III Youth Ministry Network created Social Media: Social Church, guidelines for safe and responsible use of social media in youth ministry. To read the guidelines, please click here.
Child/Youth Christian Formation Resources:
Below is a link to a YouTube video prepared by Center for the Ministry of Teaching (CMT) at Virginia Theological Seminary (VTS) discussing/ introducing the many resources available at CMT and online for those involved in Christian Formation.
- Middle School PYE: The Retreat will begin around 8pm on Friday November 7 at the Episcopal Mission Center in Philadelphia (5421 Germantown Avenue· Philadelphia, PA 19144). It’s going to come out to about $100 per person – all meals included, as well as transportation to the Constitution Center and a local park. You will need to bring your own linens. We will end with the 10am worship service at St Luke’s (the parish on the same property as the Mission Center) Sunday morning. You can register at http://www.diopayouth.org/fall-jr-high-retreat-registration.html
- High School PYE dates are set for February 27 – March 1 at North Bay Adventure in North East, MD for $162 per person.
For information on these and other youth events please contact your convocational youth missioner. They are:
- Northern Convocation – Janice Flood - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle Convocation – Kim Willard – Orange@christchurchki.org
- Southern Convocation – Barbara Anne Fisher- email@example.com
Past events include day camps, a rock concert at VTS, and a mission trip to DC.