YOUTH & FAMILY MISSION TRIP
McDowell County, WV – July 19th – 23rd – All Ages
Join us on a life-changing adventure into the mountains of West Virginia this summer and discover God anew! With the help of Youthworks we will serve alongside the residents and missionaries in McDowell County in a variety of ways including Kids Club (a local VBS program), work projects (painting, repair, debris clean-up), and assisting with the local food bank. Each evening we will enjoy worship, activities, and team time. Anyone can register – children under age 12 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Click here to download additional information. For those already registered: here is your Participant Paperwork Packet.
Mission Trip 2016: Costa Rica
HIGH SCHOOL MISSION TRIP – Costa Rica – Friday, July 22nd to Sunday, July 31st
Registration is Now Open
Open to students graduating from the 8th grade in 2016 and older (including adults).
Hike into the mountainous Coroma region and discover God’s hope alive in the Bribri people. Work projects will be determined in September by local pastors and leaders in Coroma (likely to include construction projects & children’s ministry. To view more information click here.
From the Desk of the Youth Missioner
I am excited about all the opportunities that 2015 presents for our Diocese. I look forward to working with churches across the Shore and Camp Wright in reaching more young people with the gospel message and the spiritual riches of our Episcopal heritage.
Over the past 12 years in Youth Ministry I have seen God’s amazing story unfold in the hearts of young people. When children discover the timelessness of God’s word and how it connects to their world. When teenagers experience God’s grace on the mission field and come back emboldened to serve at home. And when parents and young people encounter God together in worship and are strengthened as a family.
I am eager to meet and brainstorm with others passionate about sharing Christ with youth. I look forward to working with young people in our Diocese in creating life-changing experiences. And I can’t wait to see how God will bring our Diocese together in reaching young families.
The president of Youth Specialties recently described youth ministry beautifully and succinctly, “to help students find and follow Jesus”. Let’s gather together this year and do just that.
For the Care of Children:
Almighty God, heavenly Father, you have blessed us with the joy and care of children: Give us calm strength and patient wisdom as we bring them up, that we may teach them to love whatever is just and true and good, following the example of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen. (Book of Common Prayer 829)
- The Diocese of Easton takes the subject of safe church practices very seriously. The policies developed by the Church Pension Group clearly set out the expectations for child/youth ministry in this diocese. All clergy and laity involved with child/youth ministry are expected to comply with these guidelines. Click on the link below to download the polices developed by the Church Pension Group:
- Province III Youth Ministry Network created Social Media: Social Church, guidelines for safe and responsible use of social media in youth ministry. To read the guidelines, please click here.
Child/Youth Christian Formation Resources:
Below is a link to a YouTube video prepared by Center for the Ministry of Teaching (CMT) at Virginia Theological Seminary (VTS) discussing/ introducing the many resources available at CMT and online for those involved in Christian Formation.
- High School PYE dates are set for February 27 – March 1 at North Bay Adventure in North East, MD for $162 per person.
For information on these and other youth events please contact your convocational youth missioner. They are:
- Northern Convocation – Janice Flood – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle Convocation – Kim Willard – Orange@christchurchki.org
- Southern Convocation – Barbara Anne Fisher- email@example.com
Past events include day camps, a rock concert at VTS, and a mission trip to DC.