Youth at Convention! Register Today.
High School students around the Diocese are invited to join the Youth Leadership Team. We are looking for students committed to their faith who are interested in expanding their leadership skills. Our first meeting will be an overnighter during the Diocesan Convention at the Hyatt. Register by clicking here and mark your calendars:
1. Diocesan Convention at the Hyatt in Cambridge, MD: Friday, February 27th 6:00pm – Saturday, February 28th, 2:00pm
2. Leadership Development Day at Camp Wright: Date TBD
3. Camp Wright Youth Weekend: Friday, April 17th 5:00pm – Sunday, April 19th, 12:00pm
From the Desk of the Youth Missioner
I am excited about all the opportunities that 2015 presents for our Diocese. I look forward to working with churches across the Shore and Camp Wright in reaching more young people with the gospel message and the spiritual riches of our Episcopal heritage.
Over the past 12 years in Youth Ministry I have seen God’s amazing story unfold in the hearts of young people. When children discover the timelessness of God’s word and how it connects to their world. When teenagers experience God’s grace on the mission field and come back emboldened to serve at home. And when parents and young people encounter God together in worship and are strengthened as a family.
I am eager to meet and brainstorm with others passionate about sharing Christ with youth. I look forward to working with young people in our Diocese in creating life-changing experiences. And I can’t wait to see how God will bring our Diocese together in reaching young families.
The president of Youth Specialties recently described youth ministry beautifully and succinctly, “to help students find and follow Jesus”. Let’s gather together this year and do just that.
Diocese of Easton Announces New Youth Missioner
The diocese is happy to announce that, beginning January 2, our new Youth Missioner will be Joanne Fisher. Joanne is an active communicant in our diocese. She served as full-time Youth Minister at Christ Church, Easton for ten years and has extensive experience in leading mission trips, leadership training for youth ministry and Christian education, and youth retreats and conferences. She writes, “I am extremely passionate about sharing the love of Christ with young people and about the opportunity to inspire, embolden, and equip others to reach more youth and young families within our Diocese.”
This new position includes working at Camp Wright during summer camp season coordinating the Serendipity Program.
We are grateful for the hard and prayerful work of the Youth Missioner search committee, and look forward to Joanne’s gifted ministry among and for us all in the diocesan community.
For the Care of Children:
Almighty God, heavenly Father, you have blessed us with the joy and care of children: Give us calm strength and patient wisdom as we bring them up, that we may teach them to love whatever is just and true and good, following the example of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen. (Book of Common Prayer 829)
- The Diocese of Easton takes the subject of safe church practices very seriously. The policies developed by the Church Pension Group clearly set out the expectations for child/youth ministry in this diocese. All clergy and laity involved with child/youth ministry are expected to comply with these guidelines. Click on the link below to download the polices developed by the Church Pension Group:
- Province III Youth Ministry Network created Social Media: Social Church, guidelines for safe and responsible use of social media in youth ministry. To read the guidelines, please click here.
Child/Youth Christian Formation Resources:
Below is a link to a YouTube video prepared by Center for the Ministry of Teaching (CMT) at Virginia Theological Seminary (VTS) discussing/ introducing the many resources available at CMT and online for those involved in Christian Formation.
- High School PYE dates are set for February 27 – March 1 at North Bay Adventure in North East, MD for $162 per person.
For information on these and other youth events please contact your convocational youth missioner. They are:
- Northern Convocation – Janice Flood - email@example.com
- Middle Convocation – Kim Willard – Orange@christchurchki.org
- Southern Convocation – Barbara Anne Fisher- firstname.lastname@example.org
Past events include day camps, a rock concert at VTS, and a mission trip to DC.