The Eastern Shore Episcopalian or ESE is the quarterly publication of the Diocese of Easton featuring articles and news from churches and communities across the Eastern Shore. To receive notification when the next issue is released please send us your name and email address by clicking here. Hard copies may also be obtained by contacting your local church office. Churches may order additional hard copies by clicking here.
Click the Cover Below to View the Most Recent Edition
Scroll Down For Submission Information and Guidelines
The EASTERN SHORE EPISCOPALIAN (ESE) is the quarterly news magazine of the Diocese of Easton. It includes feature articles, columns from the bishop, stories about ministries and parishes, and information about upcoming diocesan events.
DEADLINES: The deadline for the ESE is the 20th of the month preceding release. January *20th, May 20th, August 20th, and November 20th. *Deadline may vary for pre-convention issue.
DISTRIBUTION: We try to publish and distribute the Eastern Shore Episcopalian on a quarterly basis. The magazine is created in Adobe InDesign, saved as a PDF, and published online via a service called Yumpu. Once the issue is completed, a link is posted to our website and the same link is emailed to our Enews distribution list. We also mail hard copies to churches who requested them according to a list linked here.
Based on the ebb and flow of the busy seasons we try to adhere to the following schedule:
February: Pre-Convention Edition
June: Summer Edition
September: Fall Edition
December: Abbreviated Christmas Edition
SUBMISSION GROUPS: Articles fall into one of three categories. At least five Churches and/or Ministry Groups are featured in each ESE. Also included are articles related to Diocesan-wide programs. And guest articles may also be submitted for consideration – read below of details.
Diocesan-Wide Programs include events sponsored by the Diocese such as the annual convention, the youth summit, or the clergy retreat (to name a few). These are considered separate from the Church and Ministry Group submissions.
Churches and Ministry Groups in the Diocese are invited to sign up to submit an article approximately every two years. They may select their date/time based on the given themes or other criteria they prefer. Occasionally a group will be invited to do a special feature. Click here to view the submission schedule and read more about how to get your church/ministry group on the list.
Guest Articles may be submitted for consideration but are included only if the following criteria are met:
1. The article is 300-600 words and includes 1-6 photos.
2. There is room for the article in an upcoming magazine.
3. The article is NOT an event synopsis or advertisement.
4. The Bishop approves the content and inclusion of the article.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: We encourage the submission of articles and pictures. We reserve the right to edit material offered for publication. All submissions must include name, phone and email address for verification. Submit stories and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One full page article with pictures = approximately 300-600 words
- Name of the author should be at the top of the article
- A short tagline should be at the end of the article, including contact information for author Example: John Doe serves as music director at St. Swithin’s. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Include a headshot if possible
- Pictures should be high resolution .jpeg files (min. 300 dpi) to ensure print quality (send as separate attachment, not in body of the article)
- Please select a significant point in your article (call out) and highlight this text in the article