Diocesan Convention 2022
154th Annual Convention of the Diocese of Easton
God’s Church in Renaissance / Revival
(Nehemiah 8:10; Matthew 16:18)
Saturday, March 5th, 2022
The Episcopal Church of the Eastern Shore of Maryland gathers once a year to govern the parishes that make up the Diocese of Easton. We worship, we celebrate, we listen, we speak, we debate, and we vote. It is an important event with much work that needs to be done. It is also where the Bishop makes his annual address. Diocesan Convention is a balance between being the church and dreaming the church, and there is a time and place for both.
Each church in the Diocese selects delegates and alternates to represent them, along with clergy, on behalf of their parish. Delegates and canonically resident clergy are authorized to vote. All these individuals participated in the 2022 Convention via zoom meeting. Others were invited to watch the livestream on the Episcopal Diocese of Easton Facebook page as non-voting guests.
View the Bishop’s Address on our Youtube Channel.
Read the Bishop’s Address.
Chat Responses to the Bishop’s Question regarding Church Presence & Relevance (CPR)
The Bishop’s Address Committee presented the following Resolutions regarding the Bishop’s Address. Approved.
Quick Link to Resolution One on the Proposed Revisions to the Constitutions and Canons.
- Resolution One was Approved with Amended Amendments as bulleted below.
- Resolution #2 – Thanksgiving for the UTO: THIS RESOLUTION WAS APPROVED.
- Resolution #3 – Thanksgiving for St. Paul’s, Spring Hill Parish (Hebron): THIS RESOLUTION WAS APPROVED.
- Resolution #4 – Task Force to Study our Declining ASA: A Substitute Resolution was Submitted: THE RESOLUTION WAS DISAPPROVED.
- Resolution #5 – Report from the Diocesan Financial Sustainability Task Force: THIS RESOLUTION WAS APPROVED.
- Resolution #6 – Amend Canon III.7.4(c) pertaining to Deacons: A Substitute Resolution was Approved. THE SUBSTITUTE RESOLUTION WAS APPROVED.
- Resolution #7 – Resolution on Mutual Ministry Reflection: THIS RESOLUTION WAS WITHDRAWN.
Registrar of Convention (one year term nominated by the Bishop): Rev. Patrick Collins
Treasurer of Convention (one year term nominated by the Bishop): Charlie Bohn
Diocesan Council (3 year term of service)
- Lay Representative from the Northern Convocation – Penny Walker Doyle
- Lay Representative from the Middle Convocation – Gordon Fronk
- Clergy Representative from the Southern Convocation – Rev. Michael Lokey
- Clergy At Large – Rev. Marguerite “Peggy” Samuels
- Lay At Large to elect – Flo Adams
Standing Committee (3 year term of service)
- Clergy – Rev. David Michaud
- Lay – Diane Freestate
Board of Managers of Trust Funds (3 year term of service)
- Debra Dragone
- Diane M. Robinson
- Retreat House written report.
- Retreat House video.
- Camp Wright written report.
- Camp Wright video
- Financial Sustainability Taskforce Reports
CALL TO CONVENTION
- Call to Convention
- 2022 Credentials to the 154th Convention – PDF or WORD